Capper & Jones Solicitors

Your solution starts here………

Tel: 01352 752020

Fax: 01352 756967


Authorised and Regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority

SRA Number: 00047132    

VAT No: 161 2915 79

Accessibility  -  Privacy Policy  -  Cookies  -  Online Dispute Resolution  -  Email Security  -  Complaints

Old Bank Chambers

1 King Street




Areas of specialism:

Child Arrangements Orders

This Order determines where your child lives,

when they have contact with their parents, and

when and what other types of contact can take place until the child is 16, or in exceptional circumstances, 18.

Prohibited Steps Orders

Preventing a parent from doing something

Specific Issue Orders

Requiring someone to do something

Parental Responsibility

Legal rights and restricting those rights

Contact Orders

If an agreement regarding child access cannot be made and court representation is required we have experience representing, children, parents and other family members alike.  Any resulting contact order will then outline the type of contact granted including where the contact will take place and how often.

Call or email us today to make an appointment with a specialist solicitor

01352 752020


Do I need a solicitor?

You do not necessarily need a solicitor. It is always best if the parents can agree between themselves. However, a good solicitor will be able to give you impartial advice about where a child should live, visiting arrangements and communication between parents. One of our specialists will be able to tell you where you stand and help you to work out your options. We also have a network of contacts including mediators, counsellors and other health experts who can help you and your children.

Can I avoid going to court?

Yes. Courts work on a principle of non-intervention and only get directly involved where there are clear child protection issues where the parents are unable to agree on any important aspect of their child's upbringing. Our approach is to try to reach an agreement with the minimum of fuss. We regard court proceedings as the last option.

Will it get nasty?

Where necessary we take a robust approach to our client cases. However, we believe in and practice a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law, we find that a creative and constructive approach produces excellent results for our clients.

What can the court do?

The courts paramount concern is the welfare of the child. The court can decide who a child lives with and how others are allowed to have contact with the child. The court can make orders prohibiting certain actions in relation to a child and the court can make an order dealing with a specific issue, relating, for example, to a child's health or education.

Children Law

Divorce Law Finances Pre-nuptial Cohabitation Separation